The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

One Task at a time? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to create tasks and assign them to a resource. These tasks are not dependent upon previous tasks being completed, but they cannot be performed at the same time. Is there some way to accomplish this? I want OmniPlan to know that the tasks cannot be performed simultaneously, and show warnings when they are overlapping. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

After you've set up your tasks and resources and assigned tasks to resources, level your project (in the toolbar or Project menu).
To quickly see if your project is in need of leveling, turn on the resource utilization graphs in the resource view (click the button that looks like the attached image). Green means people have a full load, blue means they have some free time, and pink means they're overloaded.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
and pink means they're overloaded.
:rolleyes: