The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

select all dependents in flow chart? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a complicated organization diagram / process heirarchy map. I would like to be able, with a modified mouse click, to automatically select all boxes downstream from the box I click on. Thus i could color all at once, for example, a specific path choice from many choices possible.

Selecting the items this way in Outline View ALMOST works, but it should show all the items selected with their own selection handles, not as a group.

The diagram has 7 levels; beyond the 2nd level, the path choices overlap (one box leads to several, or several boxes lead to one) and sometimes skip levels (e.g., one of the 3rd level boxes leads directly to a level 7 destination).

You can right-click on a shape and from the contextual menu go Select --> Descendants and that should do it for you.