The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sorting Tasks Within a Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorting question...

I understand that when I choose Edit>sort by (whatever) I'm changing the order of the selected actions 'permenantly'.

My question is...are there options as to how that sort occurs? Here's what I'd want. I have projects with some actions with due dates and some without (almost all my projects are parallel). I don't think it's unique to me to take that the ones with due dates are 'more important' than ones without. But when I choose Edit>sort by due date, it places the items without due dates first, then the ones with due dates. So I nearly always go back and highlight the ones without due dates and drag them down below the due dated ones.

I know that there are other perspectives that will do this, that and the other with due dates, and that I can set up my own perspectives. But is it possible to do what I'm doing (often)? And if not, is that a good candidate for a script?

Thanks.