The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Accessing menu commands using Applescript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello all

I'm making a lot of wireframes in Omnigraffle Pro and am communicating them in a couple of ways.
First is by making short films (using ScreenFlow). That's relatively quick.
The second is by exporting each screen of the clickthrough to a pdf and then marking up the click/touch events using Annotations in Preview. This takes a while. The last one was 150 pages long.

The ultimate goal is to create a script that exports a .pdf every time I execute a mouse click in Omnigraffle.
The intermediate stage is to create a button on a Layer in Omnigraffle that when clicked Exports the current view to .pdf. But at the moment I can't even get the Applescript to open File > Export...
Although the script seems well formed I just get an Invalid Index Applescript Error back.
Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong, please?

Here's the code:

Code:
activate application "OmniGraffle Professional 5"
tell application "System Events"
	tell application process "OmniGraffle Professional"
		click menu item "Export…" of menu item "File" of menu bar item "File" of menu bar 1
	end tell
end tell
Thanks