The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

When I click in the toolbar it vanishes! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How can I get the toolbar to not fold like that whenever I miss a button and it and accidentally click on its background?

If you double-click on an empty spot in the toolbar, the window hides to the dock - that's standard cocoa behavior. The behavior you're describing isn't something that we built into the app, though. Do you have any haxies or SIMBL plugins installed?

Or maybe a special mouse driver or something? I'm honestly not sure what would cause that.

It came with 1.02 and it happens on single click.
I use a free section of the toolbar when I want to close a context menu that I accidentally opened. It's a habit. This new behaviour is highly annoying.

What is WindowshadeX?

That's really strange. I can't reproduce it at all in my copy of 1.0.2.

Now the problem is suddenly gone!
Yesterday it was driving me nuts now its simply not there anymore...

I swapped OF databases, maybe that's what caused it.
If I encounter it again I will post more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colicoid View Post
What is WindowshadeX?
Your description of it 'folding' made it sound like the window minimisation feature of the Classic Mac OS, windowshading (where the content would disappear and leave just the titlebar). The haxie WindowshadeX adds this feature back to OS X, so I thought it could be that, but if you haven't heard of it and the problem no longer exists... I guess it isn't. :D

could be a mouse problem... sending two clicks instead of one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh19 View Post
could be a mouse problem... sending two clicks instead of one?
But colicoid described the issue as the toolbar folding. The standard behavior for double-clicking the toolbar is to minimize the entire window to the Dock (set in System Preferences -> Appearance).

It sounds like colicoid was seeing the equivalent of clicking the little lozenge in the upper right corner of the window (or hitting Command-Option-T), which collapses the toolbar without minimizing the window. Only it was happening with a single-click anywhere on the toolbar itself, which is very odd behavior indeed. I'm not aware of any Mac OS X option or third-party utility that provides that capability.

Anyway, I'm glad it seems to have cleared up on its own. Of course, now we may never know why it was happening.