The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Images/PDFs inline, control/viewing? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Has OO4 done away with seeing a PDF in the document? My current file is showing only a link to the pdf instead of a preview of an image of the pdf.

As for images that are pasted graphics, was the view all images in line tool removed? In OO3, under the view menu (I believe) you could turn them all on and off with a click. Now, it seems, that you have to set each one. Is it possible to have that one-click tool back? Is it hiding elsewhere?

Thanks, Scott
 
PDFs fall under the same restriction as any image formats we show inline. There's currently a 512px size cap for showing inline. This is merely the number that was pulled out of the air during development and will be changing.

Do you find yourself wanting to toggle all images between showing and an icon frequently? Or are you just looking to get them all showing the image and leave it that way?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Do you find yourself wanting to toggle all images between showing and an icon frequently? Or are you just looking to get them all showing the image and leave it that way?
Yes Derek, I do tend to use the tool fairly often. I teach design courses, so I use the images to help plan out my semester. I often switch between the display with tags and the display in-line settings. Some pages I have set to show me the images while others I have them closed and they just have a tag. The beauty about the way it works in version 3 is that changing the view to in-line opens them all. Changing back to the tags setting collapses all the ones I don't want to see, while at the same time leaving the ones that I had set to be open, open.
Taking this a step further, it would be grand to have a command that would close all the images at once so that then I could open just the ones I want during a given planning session. Sort of a "collapse all" for images.

Additionally, it would be really nice to be able to resize the image within OO. at the moment, when I import an image and it's too large, I have to open it, and edit it. I have found a cheat of sorts: I reveal the contents of the package and do a bulk resizing of the images there. It's rough, but with hundreds of images in some of my outlines, it speeds things up greatly.

Thanks, Scott
 
Re-sizing images is hugely important to me.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Additionally, it would be really nice to be able to resize the image within OO. at the moment, when I import an image and it's too large, I have to open it, and edit it. I have found a cheat of sorts: I reveal the contents of the package and do a bulk resizing of the images there. It's rough, but with hundreds of images in some of my outlines, it speeds things up greatly.
Aha! I like that workaround. Iíve had similar issues with images and didn't think to get into the package.
 
I think this is also important for using latexit and insert equations into an outliner document.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
PDFs fall under the same restriction as any image formats we show inline. There's currently a 512px size cap for showing inline. This is merely the number that was pulled out of the air during development and will be changing.

Do you find yourself wanting to toggle all images between showing and an icon frequently? Or are you just looking to get them all showing the image and leave it that way?
I love Evernote's implementation of PDF / image(?) view - you can have an option to see the PDF inline and as an attachment, and you can toggle between the two settles as you see fit (for example, you can have one PDF inline, while another PDF is an attachment - the setting isn't universal / document-wide).
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidic View Post
I love Evernote's implementation of PDF / image(?) view - you can have an option to see the PDF inline and as an attachment, and you can toggle between the two settles as you see fit (for example, you can have one PDF inline, while another PDF is an attachment - the setting isn't universal / document-wide).
We give you that freedom, we just need to work out the limit.
 
I would vote for an option in the preferences or the Inspector to either default to the "Show as image" or the "Show as icon" view.
 
I second that. I have outlines that are useless to me unless all images are visible at once. Which means I have to manually open them. It would so much better if there were a preference making "Show as image" an option for the default.

And ... the ability to re-size an image is very important, too.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.