The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Recurring Projects - I hate it! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As soon as you check off a recurring task, it appears instantly. Not only is this extremely dissatisfying and even disheartening, but it's also confusing.
Once you've "cleaned up" you might forget whether you've done it that day or not. If it's not due til tomorrow, why is it on my list for today?

In the Data preference pane, do you have "Immediately hide completed items" checked?

I've got to be honest bangzoom, it sounds like you're not using OF properly in a way we can't help you with unless you explain yourself a little better.

If you set a start date for the recurring task that you're checking off, the new task will be unavailable (and therefore can be made invisible) for whatever recurrence period you set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangzoom View Post
As soon as you check off a recurring task, it appears instantly. Not only is this extremely dissatisfying and even disheartening, but it's also confusing.
Once you've "cleaned up" you might forget whether you've done it that day or not. If it's not due til tomorrow, why is it on my list for today?
If a due date is assigned to a repeating task, it is usually displayed in red on the date it is due. However, when that task is checked off, it will show up again with the date bumped forward to the next due date. If the next due date is to occur within the next two days, then OF will display that task in yellow. If this is not the behavior you are seeing, then...

1. Are you assigning dates to your repeating tasks? Both start and due dates, or just due dates?

2. In the REPEAT FROM field in the Inspector, which pref are you using: ASSIGNED DATE or COMPLETION DATE?

3. Have you changed any of the default prefs in OF's Data Preferences window?

Bangzoom, if you take a look at the "Setting up repeating actions and projects" page in the help menu material, you can get the behavior you're looking for. (Again, with the "Available" filter set in either mode. Some folks want the tasks visible, so there's also a "Remaining" view filter that does that.)