The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bizarre problem with project list Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping one of the smart folks on the forum might have some advice for me. I've begun to encounter an odd error when adding an action in the omnifocus inbox or in the quickinput box.

When inputting a new action, the "name" and "context" fields work just fine, but when i tab to the "projects" field and begin typing the first few letters of a project name, the autocomplete generates giant amounts of nonsense text in front of each project name, so much that I can't see the project names in there.

I do have many projects in my omnifocus file, but somehow it seems that the project names in the database have become corrupted.

Is there any way you guys know of for me to edit the database file so I can manually remove the nonsense text?

Or is the best idea for me to wipe my database and start over? In which, how would I best do that?

Thanks everyone,

Jad Abumrad

Have a look at the General section of your OmniFocus preferences. Down at the bottom, in the Project and Context Columns portion, check to make sure that the separator field has not been corrupted. If it has, you can click the Reset button (restores all the settings on that page) or just fix the separator. Factory default settings look like this:

(the separator field is space, colon, space)