The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

check list / template Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all !
First of all, i have to tell you that i use OF in french...my traduction may not use the good words.

I created a folder that contains 4 or 5 "on hold" projects.
Each of those projects contains "templates" or check-list of task.
For example:
Project: suitecase for 4 day biz trip
Tasks: laptop, power cable, RJ11 cable, toothpaste, etc....

If i try to copy and paste the tasks into another project (i have recuring project like "Next biz trip to XYZ"), the tasks are pasted like project, not task within the "Next biz trip to XYZ".

I then have to move them one by on at the right place inside the right project....(long and not really fun).

Could anyone tell me how to copy a list of task inside a specific existing other project ?

Thank a lot,

BTW, OF for mac is great and ipad version is just perfect to work "on the road"), great job,

Thanks,

Raphael

You have a template project which you want to insert into another project. Here's what you should do:

First, duplicate the template, by selecting it and pressing cmd-D or selecting Edit->Duplicate or right-clicking and selecting Duplicate from the pop-up menu.

Next, drag the duplicate project you just made and drop it into the project where you want its actions. This will create a action group (called nested actions or sub-actions by some) inside the destination project.

Example:

After duplicating template:

Moving duplicated project into place:

Final result:

Yes !

You did it, that's so easy when you know how to do it !

Thank you very much,

Case closed !

Last edited by raphael; 2010-11-30 at 08:48 AM..