The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export Workspace / Read .owworkspace file? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi.

I am about to upgrade my OS, so in order to backup everything, I also want to backup my OmniWeb workspaces. I thought it'd be easiest if I could just export them to an obvious format such as, oh say, xml, but that option seems farfetched or anything, because there is no such thing as 'export workspace' to be found anywhere.
Additional bonus is that then I can maybe fix one of the Workspaces which has decided to not show the browser window anymore.

If there is, please do tell me.

Also, is there any way to import the then xml files back into a freshly installed OmniWeb?

Or, if that's not possible, is there any way to make the .owworkspace files readable in any sensible program, such as, for example, TextEdit. If I try to do that now, I only get rubbish.

I understand for security reasons you may want to have Workspaces not available to anybody using the computer. Luckily, this is my computer and I am the only one using it. So I would just like to set a 'do not encode' flag on my Workspaces so I can open them anywhere I like.

If all that fails, is there any workaround, so I don't have to open 25 Workspaces and manually copy 25 urls to a text file myself?

I suppose just copying in the .owworkspace files might work, then again, it might not. And then I'd be stuck with nothing.

Thanks.