The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync with Mac problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I followed the instructions and was able to share the settings for syncing with my Mac. If i tap the threat on the iPhone it turns blue and after a while it turns to searching again. I have a database on my Mac but the process seems not to complete .. what do i do wrong?

Marc

I would encourage you to contact our support ninjas so they can help you; we've hired several, and they're chewing through the email at a rapid pace.

It would help if you could include some screenshots of what you're seeing on the phone in your email. To take a screenshot on the iPhone, hold down the Home button, and then briefly press the Power button on the top of the device. (With the screen you want to take a picture of visible, of course.)

Your screen will flash white - this means that the screenshot was added to your photo roll. You can now use the camera application on your phone to email the photo to yourself, then attach it to your email and send it along to us.

Thanks for doing that; it'll give us more information which may help determine what's going on here.

A Support Ninja emailed me that plain-vanilla straight-up syncing (my words) isn't supported yet. He suggested I get a trial version of MobileMe.

Right. The Bonjour option for syncing is available on the Mac, but not in an iPhone version yet. We hope to release v1.1 soon, which will include that feature.