The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF 1.7 Sync Problem? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I started getting the following error message when trying to sync my database:

Quote:
Unable to synchronize database with server.
Cannot synchronize.

Client with identifier k61PZrIDDMw only refers to identifiers that are not locally reachable.
I searched the forums and found one post referring to a message like that. It occurred after a user ran the old Coalesce Database script, which is now obsolete. I wonder if recent sneaky peek improvements to syncing might be (part of) the problem. I'm running rev. 117642.

I'm syncing desktop and iPhone using MobileMe. My iPhone still syncs without any issues.

(Also submitted via Help → Send Feedback.)

Anybody else seeing this?

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Anybody else seeing this?
Curt, I'm syncing a single Mac client and an iPhone over MobileMe as well, but I have not seen this error, at least not yet (Revision: 117642).

I'll report back here if I do.

-Dennis

It looks like I might have had a corrupt database on the desktop. I rolled back to a back-up database, reconfigured syncing, and am back in business.

Curt

I am getting constant sync errors with these latest builds. I have tried restoring the database on all devices and also tried downgrading but nothing syncs anymore. I sync across 2 Macs and an iPhone.

Unable to synchronize database with server.
Unable to read document.

No root transactions found in “https://idisk.me.com/jaywest/Documen...ofocus/”.

Quote:
It looks like I might have had a corrupt database on the desktop. I rolled back to a back-up database, reconfigured syncing, and am back in business.
I have the exact same problem how do you do this, rolle back, reconfigure syncing?

You probably should contact the support ninjas (Help → Send Feedback) to get help on this, but here's what I did:
  1. Turn off syncing on desktop
  2. Use File → Revert to Backup Database (the automatic backup databases are named based on date and time, so with alphabetic sorting they're at the end of the list)
  3. Turn on syncing on desktop, choose to use the local copy
  4. Reconfigure syncing on iPhone, choose to use the server copy

I then ended up repeating these steps because my most recent backup database was also corrupt. My backup from the night before was good, so I didn't lose anything but a couple of check marks.

Besides the support ninjas, you may want to check out the forums dedicated specifically to OF syncing. I posted this thread here to keep potential OF 1.7 issues in one place.

Curt

The short version: I'm having the same problems.

Update: I seem to be back on track with syncing after following curt.clifton's suggested fix. Thanks!

---

The full version:

After having a similar problem [1], I reverted my local OF desktop database to a known good backup and was able to sync that to the server. Then I tried syncing my OF iPhone client, which gave me the same error message [1].

I replaced the iPhone database with the one from the server, which allowed me to successfully sync again.

To test it all out, I tried to sync the desktop and iPhone clients each one more time. Now both give me this message:

"Unable to synchronize database with server. Unable to read document. No root transactions found in [myWebServer.com/myWebDAVDirectory/OmniFocus.ofocus/"

I'm stumped and am cc:'ing the support ninjas.

[1] (getting the "Client with identifier ... only refers to identifiers that are not locally reachable." message

I'm running Sneaky Peek 1.7 - v77.32.0.118013
and iPhone version 1.5.2

Last edited by mfitzhugh; 2009-08-27 at 06:22 PM..

Quote:
I started getting the following error message when trying to sync my database:

Quote:
Client with identifier k61PZrIDDMw only refers to identifiers that are not locally reachable.
I searched the forums and found one post referring to a message like that. It occurred after a user ran the old Coalesce Database script, which is now obsolete. I wonder if recent sneaky peek improvements to syncing might be (part of) the problem. I'm running rev. 117642.
That message occurs when your local database no longer has some history which is needed to sync with one of the other registered clients. For example, this can happen if you turn off syncing and compact your local database (which is effectively what the old coalesce database script would do), or if you sync with another sync database (where that client isn't registered) and switch back.

Could that explain what happened in your case? Or do we have a potential bug to try to track down?

Ken,

I certainly could have created a situation like you describe. I believe Derek R. gave you some sample databases that I sent in from when this problem occurred, but they didn't show anything interesting. I'll report again if it happens again.

Curt

My issue seems to resolve itself once I restored a backup from my other Mac clients. As Ken suggested, maybe the database had become corrputed on my other Mac client where I initially encountered the problem.