The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The style brush is making me feel stupid... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm used to a style brush working this way:

1. Select something properly-styled
2. Click the style brush
3. Click on an improperly-styled object and it inherits the style of the object in step 1.

For whatever reason, this is completely failing me with connectors in Omnigraffle 5 Pro. If I select an item in step 1, go to Format > Copy Object Style, then select the second object and select Format > Paste Object Style, everything works as expected.

Am I doing something wrong here or is the style brush feature broken? All of the options for the style brush are selected, so it should be copying the style of the first object...

Make sure that you're holding down the Option key when clicking to pick up a style, otherwise it won't actually grab the style from the object you want.

Hope that helps,

Thanks, that makes it work. I would have bet money on the fact that I previously tried that (after reading the help file) and it did the opposite of what I wanted -- affected the style of my source object instead of the target.

Anyhow, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Make sure that you're holding down the Option key when clicking to pick up a style, otherwise it won't actually grab the style from the object you want.

Hope that helps,
Great point (helped me too). In addition do not forget to clear contents before starting to brush another object.

This works for me too, except that it didn't carry over the font's unlined style.