The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Syncing preferences greyed out Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since updating to 1.9.2, I've been trying to sync, and it tells me I have no preferences set up, but when I try to set them up, all the options are greyed out.

I have tried some of the things I've seen mentioned here, including reverting to an older backup, etc, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Boodster, this generally means that the database that is open in OmniFocus isn't stored in the location the app expects the file to be in.

(Specifically, OmniFocus will disable the sync preferences when the file is located somewhere other than
<your home folder>/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/)

If that's what's going on, moving your database file to that location would be the solution. If that doesn't describe your setup, email our support ninjas and we'll be happy to investigate.

In particular, if you double-clicked on a backup file, and closed the window corresponding to the regular database, you'll see this exact behavior...