The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus iPad: Bigger NOTES Dialog PLEASE Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
All -
App is great, and encompasses all the functionality I would have expected for the most part...except - we need the dialog box which displays notes, etc. to be bigger. With a screen the size of an iPad, this dialog box should not be so small causing users to scroll endlessly just to review anything past 4 or 5 lines of notes. Just a small 'point' update that includes a much larger dialog/view box window (which contains the notes) would be great.

I second the request.
Overall, I'm loving it, and don't feel like my $40 was misspent.

A smaller font and bigger window would be great.

Perhaps if the notes portion expanded when you tapped it?

If this is important to you, don't forget to email omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com so that your vote is guaranteed to be counted.

Agree 100%. If the Info & Notes fields were bigger, I could easily read the email text that I have send to Omnifocus. One more vote for bigger!

+1

I have already submitted my feature suggestion to Omni Group to make the Notes pane open all the way down to the bottom of the iPad's screen so I can see my Notes in order to minimize scrolling.

Please don't forget to email them to let them know you would like this fixed. Hopefully they can do this in short order with a point release.

Cheers,

ITGuy

we don't really have to vote on this, do we? I presume OmniFocus employees use the clip - o - tron to create actions from emails and see themselves that only the email header shows up in the undersized notes field, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK0001 View Post
we don't really have to vote on this, do we? I presume OmniFocus employees use the clip - o - tron to create actions from emails and see themselves that only the email header shows up in the undersized notes field, no?
Don't count on it. Although it makes sense that they would use that system, for all we know they use Thunderbird internally and can't actually use the Clip-o-Tron. :) They have a good ticket system for counting this stuff, might as well add your voice to the feature request system if you care.

I took the advice of those on this forum and sent a note to omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com requesting they expand the notes field. I received a response today that included the following:

"One of the factors that determines what we add to OmniFocus is the number of people that are requesting a given change, so thanks for requesting this. We really value your support!"

So if you really want this, get your emails off to them ASAP!