The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please add some type of note indicator to tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Lots of my tasks have notes associated with them. Sometimes the notes are critical information that should be available as I work on completing the task. There is still no icon or indication that a task has a note attached to it within the iPhone app therefore I have to open each task to see if there is extra info there in a note. That is not very productive. I have submitted a request to have this fixed/added. Anyone else using notes heavily with their tasks?

YES! I use notes all the time. Is there a way to make the dafault that all notes are always open. I hate feeling like I'm not sure if something has a note or not. I just want it to be open all the time so I can see it./

As far as I am aware, notes do always display on the iPhone when you view the individual task, there just isn't any indication that a task has a note assigned to it when you are viewing the lists of actions. This is what the OP is asking for.

I have a dream, that one day, I shall touch the app store icon on my iphone, followed by the update icon, to which the dreaded "All Apps Are Up to Date" screen will disappear and a new version of OmniFocus will be sitting there shining brightly. I will then click on that update to read all of the juicy details of the update, and to my delight there will be a bulleted item that says *Added note indicator icon to task lists! Hallelujah!

The way to make that happen is to email the support ninjas with your desire. They can attach your email to the item we have open on this feature in our development database. More votes for a change make it more likely. :-)

Thanks Brian. I emailed the ninjas back in November. No problem, probably not getting enough requests to move it up the never ending feature request list. Patiently waiting. Keep up the good work.