The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Working with Omnifocus & Asana Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys,

I've been using Omnifocus for a couple months now and I love, but my team at work is trying to push Asana as a team solution. As far as I can tell, there's no kind of synchronization between the two, and asana is missing some really important features, like the system-wide new task shortcut and the inbox for collecting tasks to filter through later.

Has anyone else managed to successfully work with both Omnifocus and Asana? I'm kind of at a loss on what to do here...

I've had no choice but to use Asana for work projects and OmniFocus for my personal stuff and some work-related stuff that i don't necessarily want published on Asana.

There are many people who have to run concurrent systems. It makes life complicated but I guess there's no choice.

I use both too and I basically treat them as two separate systems.

Asana is for collaboration with my team and OF is more for business and personal stuff.

What you want to avoid is transferring stuff from Asana to OF and trying to mesh them. Trust me, I've tried and it's not worth the hassle.

Treat as two separate systems and you'll be fine.

I'm in the same boat. My office wants to use Asana and that's great, but I am used to using OmniFocus now. I would really like to see a sync / connector feature that could sync specific items from OmniFocus with my work Asana account - an example would be to sync specific "contexts" like "work" or "office" or "<company name>" with the relevant Asana account.

I am okay using two separate systems but it's nicer for me to be able to see EVERYTHING on my plate in OmniFocus, so I can manage it all together. My work and personal lives often blur together so right now it's very painful to have to log in to Asana to see work-related stuff, and then keep everything else in OmniFocus.

Asana just announced a partnership with zapieer.com, which is a paid service similar to IFTTT.

I found a recipie for Asana that might work if you have email to omnifocus feature.

https://ifttt.com/recipes/18551

I too am looking for a way to sync tasks. I don't need the full history (I keep that on Asana), I just want newly created tasks to show up in both systems and ideally for completion actions to apply to both.

That way I could mostly work offline from OmniFocus' list, but keep team discussion and what not on Asana.

I like OF but , but I'd be nearly as happy with an Asana desktop client that worked offline and sync'd later. With all the talk off offline webapps I wish someone would actually make one ;)