The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deletion Protection Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Not sure if the issue "deletion protection" has been discussed but I have accidentally deleted something and find there is nothing that I can find that address this. Please add this feature.

not a bad idea, though you can cmd-z to fix that if you notice it fast enough

but if it was a preference item you could turn it on or off as needed

there's another thread on this already started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext555 View Post
there's another thread on this already started
Since when has that stopped people shooting off new threads on this board? ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismatic View Post
Not sure if the issue "deletion protection" has been discussed but I have accidentally deleted something and find there is nothing that I can find that address this. Please add this feature.
Have you tried looking through your backups?

but some of that has to do with the limit of categories on this forum

there could be a context forum

a sync form

but they all are in the same kit bag
confusing, but the way it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarymonkey27 View Post
but some of that has to do with the limit of categories on this forum

there could be a context forum

a sync form

but they all are in the same kit bag
confusing, but the way it is
That's what threads are for, but only if used properly and moderated.

I use another board (also vBulletin) which gets a great deal more traffic that this one (over a million posts to date) but discussions stay in clearly-titled threads. The mods quickly merge new threads into existing ones on the same topic, making it much easier to use despite its size.

Sorry, guys. I'm new here. Didn't mean to rehash something that has been discussed before. Was there a fix or resolution. I know users are able to undo deletions but sometimes you can delete something and not even know it until a number transactions later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismatic View Post
Sorry, guys. I'm new here. Didn't mean to rehash something that has been discussed before. Was there a fix or resolution. I know users are able to undo deletions but sometimes you can delete something and not even know it until a number transactions later.
No problem. Some of us "old timers" are in a bit of shock about the increase in forum traffic since the beta went public. I think you'll find this short thread to be of interest. The forum moderators are busy producing the software--OG is a small outfit--so some duplicate threads are to be expected. The forum search tools aren't bad though.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
No problem. Some of us "old timers" are in a bit of shock about the increase in forum traffic since the beta went public. I think you'll find this short thread to be of interest. The forum moderators are busy producing the software--OG is a small outfit--so some duplicate threads are to be expected. The forum search tools aren't bad though.
Thanks Curt. I know how it is to be an old timer on a forum and have a newbie come by and violate all the rules! Got it. :-)