The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Kinda OT: CRM Ideas? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Anyone have any creative and simple CRM ideas? Track potential customers, follow ups, current customers that need contacting etc.

I tried to do this as a GTD thing but it doesn't really work as far as I can see - basically you can do projects that would be something like "Continue Negotiations" "Make Initial Contacts" "Follow up With Existing Customers" which sort of works, and would integrate well with phone and email contexts. But tracking past events by a company name - that would be tough.

So while OF would be great for integrating the actual tasks in prospecting and servicing customers, it doesn't really solve the overall piece. I've looked at a few of the Mac CRM's and they are fairly inconsistent and not slick feeling. Things don't always quite work right and I don't trust em.

Anyone out there have any creative and/or interesting ideas? I'd love to do it with OF or maybe Outliner (not pro) but can't quite get my head around a simple way to do it.

Now, back to our regular programming.