The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to remove text from an object? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I am new to OmniGraffle and I am trying to use the HP stencil set graffletopia . com/stencils/400 (sorry.. I can't post a URL yet) from Graffletopia.

When I drag an object onto the canvas the name of the server model name transfers with it. I want to remove the server model name.

I can just delete the text that is there but it seems as if a place holder still exists for that text.

Help :-)

Tracy

Last edited by tracphil; 2012-12-10 at 09:55 AM..

The text you're encountering is edited in the Notes inspector, so you can delete the note or data text from there.

Hope this helps!

On that particular stencil (HP Proliant DL Series Q1 2008) the labels aren't Notes text. They're ordinary text entered into the shapes, but offset 100% to appear outside them.

I think the placeholder to which tracphil refers is the text entry box for the server graphic, which appears only when you double-click it.

Its location is controlled in the Text Offset setting in the bottom panel of the Style:Text inspector. The stencil object comes with the X offset set to 100%. Setting it to 0% or clicking the "Use default offsets" checkbox returns the text area to the interior of the shape. The text entry box is still there when you double-click the graphic, it's just impossible to see within the server image.

Thanks John! That did the trick!

Tracy