The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Automatic color styling problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use omnioutliner for my law school outlines and I color code sections to make quick reference easier. Sometimes OO tries to constantly format certain levels a particular color. I have tried selecting that level and creating a format in the toolbar, I have tried selecting the entire document. I can't stop OO from constantly formatting all new level 5 rows a particular color. It's very frustrating. In other outlines, I haven't had this problem. I have automatic styles off. I've tried turning it on. Any help would be appreciated.

Open the utility drawer (View -> Show Utility Drawer) and in the lower section of it is the style palette. Select the 'All level 5 rows' entry and look at the Style Attribute inspector. This will list all the styles assigned to that group. It sounds like you have a color assigned to the level 5 grouping that you don't want. Click the 'x' to the right of the entry in the inspector to remove it.

I just checked per your post, and there is no color there. In fact, the Level 5 row is identical to Levels 1-4.

I would need to take a look at this document then to tell you what's going on. You can send it to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com if you'd like help figuring it out.