The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No Alarms or Alerts At All?!? [A: Install Growl to get alarms.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear Brian,

Thank you for your explanation and filing the request, however I strongly believe alarm and reminder facility is must for OmniFocus.

Some folks said that is not compatible with sprit of GTD methodology, they might be right but practically all we know that having one consolidate and reliable database for your all activities and tasks is more efficient than combining iCal, Growl and iOS Reminder with OmniFocus.

I have both OmniFocus ($40 iPad + $20 iPhone) and Toodledo (just $3) on my devices and I got very disappointed when I found out in Toodledo, I can set alarm for every task or event from 1 minute up to 30 days before due time, even it give you choices to select Due By, Due On, Due After and Optionally On.

Hope to find alarm/reminder tool in next version soon

Last edited by Afshinx; 2011-12-14 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: I forgot some parts