The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fixing window postion on screen Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can fix the size of the browser window in 5,5 (window - save window size) but how do I fix it's postion? Whenever I open a new window it is always in a default postion on my screen that is too low and too far to the right for me. Safari for example always remembers the postion of the last window.

"Save Window Size" will remember your window position as well.

One problem you may run into however. New windows will always be created cascaded down and to the right of the last window created regardless of whether that window still exists. You can reset the window position by closing all windows.

The save window size does not save it's postion for me. It seems to save the window postion "more or less" in the same part of the screen (top left corner or bottom left corner etc) but not in exactly the same postion. If I put the window for example right in the top left corner of the screen it always opens the next time half a cm in from the top and the left screen edge. The cascading issue I understand but here I am talking about a new window.

Not the end of the world I know but...

I "fixed" the cascading page problem by making my home page a javascript that moves the window where i want it.

Its quite annoying to have the windows cascade all the way along the screen

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb OAWindowCascadeDisabled -bool YES

hmm that didn't seem to make a difference, unless its broken in SP9

Last edited by revs; 2006-05-06 at 12:16 PM..

ahhh... omniweb5 not just omniwer - that does it.

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 OAWindowCascadeDisabled -bool YES

Sorry, new here. Not the best at the coding thing but more than will to give it a try. Where would I find the spot to enter the code you have posted?

I am having the same frustrations with my windows not opening where I put them before. Tried the Save Window command which saved the size but not the position.

Thanks.

In the Terminal.

/Applications/Utilities/Terminal

Have you saved a Workspace? If so, the Window position will be saved as well. Take a new snapshot of your workspace with your window in the position you want it in.