The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

help! just purchased/downloaded & it won't work!!! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm a huge GTD fan so really excited about OmniFocus...but I need HELP!

I just spent $79.95 to download it but it will not run on my computer...I have a PC (but I read in the FAQ section that it will work with a PC). I also have an iPhone and the whole point of doing this is so that I can have OmniFocus on my desktop and then also sync it back and forth with my iPhone once I purchase the iPhone app to accompany it.

I thought that OmniFocus was essentially a program/application that I would download and launch from my desktop. I cannot get this to work - when I try to run the file I have downloaded it asks what program to run it with (then suggests Firefox, the web browser I use).

If I choose Firefox/Mozilla it opens a new web tab and asks me the same question again. If I choose "save" file then try to open it it also asks me what to open it with and what program to use to run it with.

PLEASE HELP I THINK I'VE JUST "DONATED" $79.95 TO OMNI...I'm soooo disappointed....

How do I get this to work????

Emma

I'm sure omni will give you a refund .. Omni Focus is a mac program only .
I've not read the FAQ but maybe there's something in there that needs " cleaned up " .

Omni has a 30 day no questions asked full refund policy for software bought directly from them. But I'm really curious where you got the impression it would work with your PC, could you tell us exactly?

The info on getting a refund can be found at Omni store -- click on the link near the bottom right for "If you'd like a refund" and follow the directions.

Emma - very sorry for the confusion here. All of our desktop products require Mac OS X. Contact sales@omnigroup.com and we can get you a refund for your purchase.

If you can point me at the confusing language you found in the FAQ, we'll try to improve it.