The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to recover an accidentally-completed item? [A: Undo, or Search screen.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I always accidentally touch the little box in the front and my entry just simply disappears.. is there a way that I can make it not to delete finished items?> THanks!!!

1. Stop touching those checkboxes. ;-)

2. In the app settings, turn on the "Undo support" under Experimental features, and then you can shake to undo, just like standard typing.

Just in case someone does check off an item w/out Undo enabled: the search screen will show completed items in the results. If you can do a name search to locate the item in question, it can be un-completed that way. Hope this helps!

thanks soo much guys :)

A "most recent actions" perspective, with only the past three days listed, would be invaluable for us iPhone-only users...

Would help in any situation where you messed up but don't remember which item you were working on, or moved something by accident...

(...and a mail-perspective-to-another-OmniFocus user would be suhWEEEEET :)

Last edited by aliteralmind; 2011-02-10 at 02:52 AM..

I have to admit, this is the one feature of OmniFocus that has kept me away. I am interested in a task management platform that spans both the Mac and the iPhone. As much as I hate how Things synchronizes between the iPhone and the Mac, I have to admit that I love how Things handles task completions. They remain in the list, but show as completed and are logged once a day, manually, etc. I just cannot get past accidentally activating the "completed" checkbox and having a task disappear from the tasklist in Omnifocus for iPhone. If Omnifocus allowed for something like this, I'd switch platforms in a heartbeat as I'd love a true synchronized platform like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claimabstract View Post
I have to admit, this is the one feature of OmniFocus that has kept me away. I am interested in a task management platform that spans both the Mac and the iPhone. As much as I hate how Things synchronizes between the iPhone and the Mac, I have to admit that I love how Things handles task completions. They remain in the list, but show as completed and are logged once a day, manually, etc. I just cannot get past accidentally activating the "completed" checkbox and having a task disappear from the tasklist in Omnifocus for iPhone. If Omnifocus allowed for something like this, I'd switch platforms in a heartbeat as I'd love a true synchronized platform like it.
Would the shake to undo not work well enough for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken.w View Post
Would the shake to undo not work well enough for you?
It's not a bad solution, but I prefer to see the completed tasks right in the list.

Correction to my earlier post:
It appears that Omnifocus does allow this, so my gripe was posted in my ignorance. The second icon at the bottom of the screen enables one to select to show, for contexts for example, the next action, available tasks, remaining tasks or all tasks. This last option enables me to view completed tasks and mark them not yet completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claimabstract View Post
This last option enables me to view completed tasks and mark them not yet completed.
Be careful when doing this—if you do this with a repeating action, you'll have a duplicate, because you only undo the completion, not the creation of the new action.