The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDiskSweeper
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

G5 1.6ghz showing "ghost" version of external hard drive with 46GB Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, this is my first post and I'm somewhat new to Omni Disksweeper but have worked on Macs for awhile.

I've had this problem before but it keeps happening and generally requires an entire wipe of the system software (basically starting over).

Basically what happens is that I keep running out of disk space, even though I've cleared off all the movies and music and large pictures that would normally take up all the room.

When I run Omni Disk Sweeper, I see a version (apparently invisible) on my main hard drive called "aragorn" - the name of my external LaCie 500gb hard drive. It shows 46 and some odd GB.

What I think may have happened is that the actual "aragorn" hard drive ran out of space (I use Transmission for filesharing and let it download to aragorn) and then instead of stopping downloads, it moved to the main hard drive.

Question is, how do I get access to those files to get them off the hard drive if I can't see them? OR is it even possible?

Thanks in advance.

You could use TinkerTool to show hidden files in the Finder temporarily, or you could use the Terminal, or you could pay for ODS to activate the delete function.