The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Send Firefox URL to Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
fudster,

You might have a look at my Mail --> OF script for some code. It creates new tasks via the QuickEntry window. You can get the script here.
Hey Curt - I didn't see you reply post till now. I did indeed fix the script by taking a queue from the OmniFocus Mail rules script - I don't use "activate" or an alert dialog anymore - skipping that and going straight to "tell default document" seems to do the trick.

I plan to have a look at your Mail->OF script too, next time I play with OmniFocus/Script glue. Thanks Curt!

Curt, I had a peek at your scripts - really nice work. I borrowed a little and modified the 'tell application "OmniFocus"' part of ChuckieMac's script so that the QuickEntry Window appears where the new task can be edited:

Code:
	tell application "OmniFocus"		
		tell quick entry
			activate
			set newTask to make new inbox task with properties {name:("capture: " & theTitle), note:theAddress}
			select {inbox task 1}
		end tell
	end tell

Wow. I'd already started down this road before I found this thread. Too bad, too, it could have saved me a lot of work. Anyhoo, I thought I'd add my 25¢ to the array of scripts here, because I've been spending a lot of time on a very similar utility.

This little applet, like the other ones posted, takes a URL and turns it into an OmniFocus inbox task. However, it has some notable differences, because I wanted it to have a broader scope than just pulling pages from Firefox -- instead, I was shooting for making a REST api for OmniFocus. ( I explain this a little bit more in this post)

Some noticeable differences are that the URLs are crafted like normal URLs (x-omnifocus://newtask?name="foo bar"), and permit more parameters than you'd probably use with a bookmarklet. (context, project)

I included some bookmarklets that I think are kinda nifty because they let you include selected text on the current web page as a note in your task. I find that super duper handy.

Here's the applet: OmniFocus URI Handler

Feel free to borrow the javascript in the bookmarklets to enhance your own URL applets or use whatever you want of the applet itself for your own purposes.

BTW, here's a Firefox trick: View the properties of your bookmark and add a short keyword (mine is "t" for task). When you find a page to clip, command-L to get to the address field, then type your shortcut, then hit return. There ya go, didn't have to touch the mouse.

this URI handler works extremely well!