The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

"stadium" every where Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, sorry if I missed something but i think something is missing. Today project and context have 3 stadium active, on hold and dropped. It would be great if those "stadium could be availbable on task for it is usefull to hold a task sometime and letting it in the projet or in the context instead of dropping it in a special hold projet or context.

You lost me. What's a stadium? and how is it active, on hold and dropped?

Perhaps you mean statuses?

Good morning,

yes, “Stadium” is German for “Status”.

I don’t know whether it would make things easier or more complicated for me to be able to change the status of individual actions. Right now, for me, if the next action is on hold, so is the project. After all, I can’t do anything for the project. And why should I put an action on hold that’s later in the sequence? It’s not even available yet, so …

But then, perhaps I misunderstood GTD. Does the book go into the topic of states for actions?

Cheers,
-Sascha

Yes. The book does go into this a bit.

OF is doing a straightforward implementation of GTD when it comes to status. Dropped and On Hold are intended to remove projects (and their associated tasks) from day-to-day consideration. They are not deleted; only hidden.

To perform a review of your On Hold projects:
  1. change perspectives to the Planning Mode
  2. edit your view
  3. switch the project list filter from Active to On Hold

I also would very much like tasks to have a status that could be marked as active/on hold/dropped. Such a status is probably most meaningful in "Single Action" projects, although one might have a need to mark any task in any project as "dropped". (For more discussion see http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6670)

I am currently marking "on hold" tasks with a "Pause" context, and mark this context as "on hold". (Contexts in OF can be marked as "on hold".) I can then easily filter these tasks out from my view. This definitely works, but it means losing the orginal context of the task. Recalling the original context when I "un-pause" the task is generally not an issue, but can sometimes take a little more effort than desired.

Thanks!