The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync thinks iOS 5 devices are new? [A: Yes; "old" devices will be auto-removed.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Noticed this morning that after syncing all devices last night, I had over 600 zip files. Looked in the preferences and realised that instead of the 4 devices I expected, it thought there were now 7 devices. I realised that it had added my iPhone & iPad as new devices after they were updated to ios 5.

After removing these everything went back to normal, but thought it worth reporting as the service is in beta etc.

How do you remove additional devices? I think I may have a similar problem.

Thanks..

In the mac app go to preferences/sync/omnisync/show clients
Then select the unwanted device(s) and choose unregister

If you don't have the Mac app, don't worry - the "extra" devices will be automatically removed approximately three weeks after the final sync under the old version of the OS.