The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone Applications Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Don't get your hopes up too high, the data: URI trick has a practical upper limit, and various bad things seem to happen if you exceed that limit (from crashing browsers to URLs not showing up).

I have been using this data URL hack for a little while now and its quite robust. Very handy for sending reference material to your iPhone.

Jasong, is the URI limit one that would preclude OF lists? Doesn't seem like were talking about a lot of data here, but I am the farthest thing from an expert...

I have successfully encoded files over 7mb and accessed them on the iPhone. I would imagine that the HTML/CSS files for an OF list would be significantly less than that.

Suweet... a creative solution.

I was testing this web 2.0 password application out
http://www.passpack.com/info/home/
it does the same type of encryption on the client side, but stores the information on their server.

But the iPhone integration isn't there.
Seems like a reputable company.

With all the talk about web 2.0, there are still many things that I don't want to be reliant on the internet for.

passwords, serial keys, notes, to do's... all fit into this group. And will always fit into this group.

There will always be a place where the internet connection goes down, or is unreliable, or something that I could have problems with.

After putting time into gathering data, buying serial keys and learning new things, what if I no longer want to be connected to the internet? My data is lost forever until I pay to be connected.

There's too much hype about the web 2.0 thing.

I want rich clients that sync to the internet.

The internet is for syncing and sharing.
<-end rant->

The other problem with password wallet... searching. I need to be able to quickly find data in my mass of passwords or notes.

I feel confident that the iPhone will allow 3rd party apps at some point.
It's sooo clooose.

My hope is with Leopard it will be there.

Quote:
I want rich clients that sync to the internet.
I'm right with you, Spiral. I've made the same rant many a time. I call it my Web 3.0 rant. :)

Last edited by sprugman; 2007-10-02 at 07:10 AM..