The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Minor requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have a couple minor requests that I’d love to see in OmniWeb. These aren’t deal breakers or anything, but little things I miss from Safari that would just help with the overall experience for me:

1. The status bar shows whether a link opens in the current tab/window or a new one when hovering over it.

2. A progress indicator instead of just a status indicator. A little pie like the hidden option in Safari before 3.1 might be nice. The location of OmniWeb's status indicator is perfect, but it gives no indication of how far along a page is.

3. A search box that functions like the Inquisitor plug-in for Safari. It auto-completes phrases and brings up top results in a drop-down menu. This feature makes basic searches so much quicker. This is the single thing I miss the most from Safari.

4. Speed Download compatibility.

Cheers.