The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Bad Memory Leak with Latest 5.9.2 SP Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been getting some bad memory leaks with 5.9.2 SP 843 tonight. It was possible to watch its memory consumption rise by the second. One time, it got up to around 400MB in just a few minutes of being open. Funny things is, I didn't notice any horrible memory leaking in the last couple days of using this version, nor does it seem to do it consistently (right now it's holding steady at 121 MB). Any other experiences with abnormal memory leaks with this version?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotank View Post
I've been getting some bad memory leaks with 5.9.2 SP 843 tonight. It was possible to watch its memory consumption rise by the second. One time, it got up to around 400MB in just a few minutes of being open. Funny things is, I didn't notice any horrible memory leaking in the last couple days of using this version, nor does it seem to do it consistently (right now it's holding steady at 121 MB). Any other experiences with abnormal memory leaks with this version?
843 has been superseded by 915. Check that one out and let us know if the leak is still there. And BTW, the SP's page shows 5.10 SP available as of today. Considering the bad April Fool's joke Omni played on the folks over at MacUpdate, I wonder if 915 SP can now be considered the official stable version of 5.92 or if 5.10 is another joke.
 
OmniWeb 5.9.2 is the latest stable version (now with Gopher support—MacUpdate is correct!).

The Safari 4 beta WebKit has moved to OmniWeb 5.10. (WebKit isn't stable, so it can't be yet either.)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
OmniWeb 5.9.2 is the latest stable version (now with Gopher support—MacUpdate is correct!).
Tell us more about - um - gopher support. This is what's making many think it's a joke.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwthomas View Post
Tell us more about - um - gopher support.
Perhaps I should just link to our blog post:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: OmniWeb 5.9.2 now includes Gopher support!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Perhaps I should just link to our blog post:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: OmniWeb 5.9.2 now includes Gopher support!
What an exciting addition to OmniWeb! Here's an informative quote from the above mentioned blog post: "Gopher is a revolutionary network protocol that allows users to search and retrieve items from the Internet such as documents and graphic images. Using Gopher, it’s possible to access many types of content over computers: text-based files, mailing lists, even photos." Mr. Case then provides an example of the practical value of the Gopher protocol: "For instance, just today I was able to access a weather report via Gopher, so I knew to bring my umbrella to work. The future is now!" This is awesome!! I often think I can wear shorts to school in the early spring, then I end up falling victim to the vagaries of Calgary's weather. No longer will I suffer so, thanks to the OmniGroup's leading support for this cutting-edge technology.

To get back to the original (that is, real) topic of this thread, I haven't experienced the memory leak in any version after 843.

Last edited by robotank; 2009-04-01 at 09:59 AM..
 
OK, I've figured out that the memory leak only happens on a particular site: http://www.mpeg2works.com/phpBB2/index.php

I'm now using 5.10 SP 1027 and the same thing happens as did with 843. Whenever I visit this site, the memory use skyrockets. It's sitting at 516 MB right now.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Continuous Memory Leak Ricochet OmniObjectMeter 2 2010-09-03 09:24 AM
Memory leak? markyp OmniWeb General 26 2006-10-27 09:50 AM
Memory Leak only120xs OmniWeb Bug Reports 8 2006-10-17 08:40 AM
possible memory leak andreas_g OmniWeb Bug Reports 6 2006-05-26 10:06 AM
[sp4] Memory leak?? Cortig OmniWeb Bug Reports 26 2006-05-06 12:12 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.