The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Apple Mail to Omnifocus, with attachment Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I set up an appended email address so I can forward emails to it, and Mail pushes it to Omnifocus's in-box. That's cool. However, it strips attachments.

Is there a way to keep the attachment from the email?

Thanks.

Not that I've seen. There's a complicating issue, too — one message potentially makes multiple new actions. Every line that starts with "--" will carve off a new action. Which action(s) would get the attachments(s)?

I agree that often you just want to get the whole email, attachments and all, into OmniFocus, but you're using the avenue intended for creating new actions via email, and there isn't any way to tell OmniFocus that messages to a given address should only get some of the usual processing. Most unfortunate when the "usual processing" does the wrong thing with your messages, and you can't change the sender's behavior!

As always, if there's something you'd like to see changed, use Help->Send Feedback to make your wishes known.