The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Release date for OmniWeb 5.6 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've tried a few of the Sneaky Peeks and things are looking pretty good. It's seriously fast again! Some of my longstanding complaints appear to have been resolved. When can we expect a beta version? Final version?

Not until after Safari 3.0 is out of beta would be my guess as we'll know then that WebKit has become stable enough.

Safari 3 won't be out of beta until Leopard, no?

I would've hoped Omni would have more Leopard goodies than what we've seen in 5.6...

Given that will be in October, and OmniWeb is still an alpha, that time frame isn't unrealistic to me.

I don't know. The latest Safari beta is remarkably stable and functional, even on Windows! It could go final well before Leopard. Apple has other designs with Safari, it seems.

I've been using the Safari beta for a few days. It exhibits some of the main issues OW does. I get spinning beach balls quite often.

If Troy reads this, he's probably either thinking "Thank God he has these issues with other browsers" or "What type of sites does this guy go to?"

:)

I choose number 1!