The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What does the first icon mean in the second select menu in the view bar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the view bar, there is a select menu with the following items:

unsorted, name, flagged, due, start, completed, next review, added, changed

The little icon on the right side of this select indicates it is a select, and you can choose from the items. I chose "completed" to see the completed items.

But what does the first icon on that select, which looks like an ascending/descending icon do? As far as I can see all it does is open the select. It doesn't change any ordering.

I'm still looking for a way to (1) see the dates that items were completed and (2) view those completing items in chronological order.

If anybody has any hints, please let me know.

Thanks!

doug

That's the sort filter. When you chose "completed", you sorted by completion date. That sorting only applies _within_ any groupings you have selected. And if you aren't displaying completed projects (left-hand lozenge in Project Mode) or completed actions (fourth lozenge from the left in either mode), then sorting by completion will do nothing.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug@lerner.net View Post
But what does the first icon on that select, which looks like an ascending/descending icon do? As far as I can see all it does is open the select. It doesn't change any ordering.
If you mean the "unsorted" lozenge, which has a series of successively shorter lines lined up underneath one another, "unsorted" is the first option on that lozenge. The icon is just an identifier for that lozenge versus other ones. You're right that it doesn't do anything in particular.
Quote:
I'm still looking for a way to (1) see the dates that items were completed and (2) view those completing items in chronological order.
I don't think there is any way right now to view the completion date in a tabular form or to sort by completion date. If you want these capabilities, be sure to submit feedback via email on the help menu.