The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Achievement Software - "Resolve" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How about taking your project management software and making it PERSONAL management software.

Give me a product that lets me reach my goals...a new software niche called 'Achievement-Ware'. Perhaps a good product name is "Resolve".

Planners plan time...but not goals and achievements. OmniOutliner lets me outline my thoughts (and damn I love the columns feature!)...but it doesn't help me change them.

Give people a product to help them lose the weight, stop smoking, change jobs, get organized, get out of debt, fall in love, work less, enjoy life more, start exercising or change practically any habit you want (because guess what...most habits take the same amount of effort to change).

The software will be smart...it'll have easy to use wizards to help you start with reasonable goals and help you avoid all the pitfalls and self-sabotage habits.

Create it as a desktop app with plans to become the premiere personal achivement web-app.

Team up with Franklin Covey, Dr. Phil, or whomever can help create the credibility and critical marketing mass to become a must-have, innovative, software-product-of-the-year.

"All-purpose" products like Outliner are powerful and flexible but most folks (95%?) don't have experience and vocabulary to put them to work in a powerful way.

Everyone has goals...they're often just 'undistinguished'. Reaching goals is just one of the many critical life-skills (along with critical reasoning) that's not taught in public schools.

Resolve could be a must have product not just for adults but for their kids.

What an incredible idea...a $100 software product that makes it far easier for parents to raise confident and happy kids.

(Business Planning software wouldn't be a bad idea either.)

I like this idea a lot, though it's somewhat ill-defined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRoseDesignDotCom
How about taking your project management software and making it PERSONAL management software.

(Business Planning software wouldn't be a bad idea either.)
Actually I seem to recall a blog somewhere else in Omni in which someone is describing just what you did. It may be nearing a Beta release date this year but I believe Omni have picked up someone who is spearheading the development of just such a "Resolve" product. I'm looking forward to it.

Omni Focus anyone?