The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

What versions of visio can be imported Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
oops! Just got your Email about that earlier reply, must have missed it.
Sorry!

I am also getting the error that states "The document <document name> could not be opened. Master contains no shapes." Oddly, it doesn't seem to apply to all files. Some vsd files with nearly the same contents will import after I receive the "OLE" error notification. Since I purchased OmniGraffle 5 Pro specifically because it could import Visio 2007 files, am a bit upset this error seems to be known and not understood. Am going to go back into VMWare and try to resave differently. If anyone has any tips, let me know. Thanks.

Note: If I resave the original .vsd as a XML drawing .vdx, it will open in Omnigraffle after I receive the "OLE" notification.

Last edited by bluegreensmoke; 2008-12-10 at 09:28 AM..

bluegreensmoke, if you can send the file that causes this error to the support ninjas ("Send Feedback" under the Help menu), it'll help us understand and fix the problem. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
bluegreensmoke, if you can send the file that causes this error to the support ninjas ("Send Feedback" under the Help menu), it'll help us understand and fix the problem. Thanks!
Unfortunately the file is proprietary. Tried stripping out any important information, and once I did, the file could be read in OmniGraffle. The file was 14 pages, so don't know which of the countless elements removed may have been problematic. Will let you know if I encounter other problems. For now, though, most files are unharmed. Thanks!