The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Forwarding email into OF from iPhone problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I had forgotten about the "inbox mail rules only get applied to messages marked unread" behavior in Mail; I wonder how many of the posts like this are because of that.
My guess is that it bites a fair number of people without them even realizing it. I didn't figure it out for a while myself because I was using the button in Mobile Safari that sends the URL of the current page to the address of your choice to do clipping before Ken implemented it, so I "knew" that I could mail from iPod to OmniFocus without trouble and thus assumed the problem must be elsewhere. And as I usually was only doing Mail from the iPod to OmniFocus when I was away from my computer, there was a decent opportunity to forget that I'd sent the message by the time I returned. I think the only reason I discovered it was trying to answer a forum post! Just goes to prove my theory that a good way to learn all about OmniFocus is to try to figure out the answers to all the forum queries :)

Derek (Ninja) was helping me, and was very engaged.

Below is one of my emails to him and his response.

This is a real set back for me, as I receive many design requests via email and process from my phone. Still look to the day that I can Bcc my Omni address when I reply to the request and be done with it.

"You're certainly not (alone), no. OmniFocus uses Applescript to parse emails into actions; it seems that we need to revisit and improve our Applescript again, but I'm not sure how quickly a new update will ship."

-Derek

Derek-

Yes, I do have issues from Exchange via Entourage on the desktop, but those seem to be handled by putting (--) for the rule.

The biggest issue is ANY forwarded email coming from the iPhone (Gmail/Exchange). My buddy has Toodledoo, and he can easily do forward emails into his system. Seems something needs to happen with
how OF interprets the email.

Would like to know if others consider this an issue. I can't be all alone here!!? :-)

Last edited by studio365; 2010-02-13 at 08:26 AM..

In replying to another thread I discovered this one and thought I''d also copy my response here. I've discovered that if you receive an email on your iPhone and forward using GoogleMail the offending formatting from Apple's Mail App gets stripped out and therefore the email gets processed by the OmniFocus rule on the desktop as normal.

I have purchased OF for the iPad and I CAN forward emails into OF. But I still cannot do it from the iPhone. Gmail, Exchange, it doesn't matter. I'm sorry, this is insane.

I really don't get it, but it is totally killing me here. Very frustrated. I've been using OF since the beta on the Mac, so I'm dug in, but I really need this resolved.

Studio365, we're happy to help, but several of the behaviors involved here (converting forwarded messages to attachments, automatically marking messages as read, thus preventing the Mac version of Mail from processing them) are things that OmniFocus can't control directly.

If the tips in this thread don't help enough, give us a call (800.315.6664) or email us and we can help.