The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

'Office hours only' check box Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Would this be a good idea? Many tasks, like calling business relations, can only be taken care of during office hours. A check box in the Date pane could make sure that such tasks were not displayed as 'available' after office hours and in weekends. This would reduce the number of items in my 'phone', 'mac' and 'errands' contexts a lot on Saturday mornings such as this one.

Of course, the user would define local office hours. A 'shopping hours' check box might be useful, too.

A period of time in which you can or can not do a task, for whatever reason, sounds pretty much like a context to me. You could do some nested contexts like "office hours > errands" and "non-office hours > errands".

Last edited by markbrown00; 2007-06-16 at 02:51 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrown00
A period of time in which you can or can not do a task, for whatever reason, sounds pretty much like a context to me. You could do some nested contexts like "office hours > errands" and "non-office hours > errands".
You are probably right. I just discovered that in this case, nested contexts make sense (top level: all phone calls; just one sub level: calls that can also be made outside office hours), whereas, for instance, nesting 'home alone', 'home with lovely wife' and 'home with others' under an abstract top level 'home' would be useless. As you can see, I am only just beginning to think about GTD principles.

Ah yes, I see, HiramNetherlands. That's good way to do it.

I find that with any GTD system it is next to impossible to control for every possible context. Rather, you have to work out what context distinctions have the most importance for you, and make those contexts the center of your system. It sounds like the office/home distinction makes a big difference to you, and therefore should feature heavily in your context structure.