The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Context grouping shows full group path Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm not sure I like the way that in the new builds when you group by context in context view, each group header shows the full path of that context. It is a bit cluttered and I'm not sure it really adds any information. You can tell how your selected context is nested from the context sidebar on the left.

I prefer it. In fact just yesterday morning I decided to go in and re-name all of my nested contexts so that their full paths would show up in those headers. A few hours later I downloaded the new build. Talk about cluttered headers! I had to go back and change them all again, but I was glad to do so.

Agreed, I like the change.

ah well...looks like I am in the minority...perhaps I need to give my contexts shorter names so it looks less cluttered

...or maybe (says Mark looking sheepish), Omni might make this an optional feature in the final...

Last edited by markbrown00; 2007-06-19 at 03:36 PM..

I think it's great! Much nicer to see "Errands:Northwest" than just "Northwest"

Now, if we could have something similar in the Projects column, so I could tell the difference between "Kid 2: Singletons" and my general singleton tasks. I don't think the whole nest in the column would work -- maybe a tool tip thingy with the full path?

--Liz

Not only do I like it, I need it. Now I don't have to sit there reading task lists to figure out if I'm looking at CompanyOne>Server or CompanyTwo>Server.