The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Way to combine table cells? colspan? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to combine some cells in a table. In other words, I want the top row to have some cells that span two columns. Is there a way to do this in OG? I try to do everything possible in OG, but if it is not posisble, is there another good table-making program (besides Word)?

Thanks.

Not as a direct feature (afaict - you aren't able to use the Edit>Shapes options to do a union for example), but the workaround is to create a new shape from one of the cells and stretch it to overlay the top two of the table, then group. This has some flaws in that when you resize the table to add more rows or columns, the overlaid shape does not stay associated with the top row or leftmost column - see this film (~2MB, non-streaming)