The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help: Mail crashes after adding mail rules Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

I enabled 'Add Mail Rule to create OmniFocus actions' in the Mail Preferences of OmniFocus (1.0v56.0.95900) and then I installed the OmniFocus Mail Clip-O-Tron 3000. OmniFocus was unable to restart Mail so I restated it manually, yet every time I started it crashed immediately. I was able to uninstall the Clip-O-Tron and now Mail only crashes when I try to read a email message. I have reset all of OmniFocus Preferences and also removed the Mail Rule that it added. I'm using Tiger (10.4.11).

But still Mail crashes when I attempt to read a message!

Please help!

Mail is my life blood... *choke*

This issue appears to have been raised in another thread:

Subject: Mail Rule Problems

Long story short:

I removed the following two lines from ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist

Code:
    <key>EnableBundles</key>                                                         
    <true/>
I'm guessing it has something to do with some bundle of the past... ?

Last edited by corin; 2007-12-12 at 03:55 AM..

You might look in ~/Library/Mail/Bundles and see if there are any bundles there that you aren't using and move them out or delete them.