The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Hidden preference to disable shift-at-startup workspace behavior Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to request a hidden preference to disable having shift held at startup create a new workspace. The reason I'd like this is that I frequently open URLs from Terminal, and in Leopard the shortcut for this is now holding Cmd-Shift and double-clicking the URL. My MacBook Pro is super lightning fast, so no matter how quickly I let up on the shift key, OmniWeb sees it and says "hey, have a new workspace!"... at which point I get to go delete the workspace and re-open the URL again (if it hasn't already scrolled off my screen).

I'm sure most people don't need to see this preference, but I'd be perfectly happy setting something using "defaults write".

Thanks!

Oops. I guess I should have posted this under "Feature Requests". Sorry!

Please use the Send Feedback item in the Help menu to send a request in about this so the support ninjas will be able to track the issue. (No commitment to a specific solution, but I can certainly see where you're coming from based on your description.)