The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Froze during installation - reset desktop and dock settings Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello -

I'm running a 2.4ghz macbook pro, 4gb memory, os x 10.5.4. I was installing omnifocus v 1.0, everything was cool, asked for and accepted my license. A prompt appeared for an update so I said yes. During the installation of the update my system froze. I let it sit for a few minutes and rebooted. After rebooting and logging in, my desktop had reverted back to the default desktop image and all the files on my desktop are jumbled in odd positions. My dock also reverted to default. There's a bunch of question marks on the doc.

Any help? This is terrible!

How dreadful. I'm sorry your machine is ill.

I have trouble imagining how OF could have triggered this. I suspect coincidence. But that doesn't really help you.

Have you tried opening Disk Utility and running Verify Disk on your hard drive? Do you have a backup of your user account?

Curt