The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Entering items in inbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I'm entering a bunch of things into the inbox on the iPad manually, is there anything I'm missing...I'm having to do the following:

-Click on new item pic/button in upper left (left thumb)
-Type the item (keyboard)
optional-Click on context/project/flag etc. any extra info and type if necc. (various)
-Click on save button in upper right (right thumb)

I'm trying to use my iPad more and am finding I'm doing more primary entry on it than on my Mac. I'm finding the entry tedious. I know it'd be easier on my Mac. I just want to make sure there isn't something I'm missing on my iPad that would make entry easier. TIA.

You can bypass the inbox by tapping the plus sign on most screens. Much faster. Example: open a project then tap plus and enter all of the tasks right into the project.

Right. Thanks, but I was doing a big (new file) brain dump and didn't have projects/contexts settled yet.

I just got into a rhythm though.
Left thumb
Type title
Right thumb

repeat. I may have started swaying back and forth too.