The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Due within X days" setting for each Perspective? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One of my biggest problems with Omnifocus is that "Due Soon" is never a static period for me and I can rarely get a Context view that actually reflects what's on my mind. Sometimes I want to see what's due soon in the next month, sometimes in the next week, sometimes in the next couple days.

It would be nice to have a per-Perspective "Due within... " Status Filter setting to do this. (Or maybe there's a way to do this I haven't discovered...?)

-- Chris

I've just been making some new perspectives, but I don't use due a lot. I think making a context based perspective, you can still group things by due and collapse as necessary. I'm not at my Mac to test it out though.

Yes, what malisa suggests is the way to go if you want any substantial visibility into the future. If you have the due date column shown and are sorting by due (as well as grouping), you can easily stop looking when you get to the point in the future beyond which you aren't interested.

Otherwise, if you want to look for tasks in a specific range of dates, you can use RobTrew's Where in OF but you get a static snapshot of the results, and it may be interleaved with tasks that don't match.