The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

On Hold Status for Single Action List? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've got a bunch of things I want to research, mostly all Mac related, like Learn applescripts, Look into Omnioutliner, etc. I'm not sure the best way to organize these in OF.

1) I would think that a "On Hold" status would be ideal so I can see it in my "Someday" perspective, but it appears that you can only use this status on a project, not an action. I guess I could create a project for each one of these and place them all in a folder?

2) I've considered putting them all in a SAL but the pop up in my Today perspective unless I put a start date in the future. Problem is I don't really want to micromanage each start date for each idea at this time. These are ideas that I want to consider again, during a weekly review, but I don't want to make them into ticklers.

3) Then there is the possibility of using a version of the Waiting context. Problem I see with this is that I feel like the Waiting context should only really be used for when you have delegated something to someone else. I guess I could make a "Waiting:Me" context, but from my understanding these won't show up in my Someday perspective.

Any thoughts, seems like option 1 would work best.

Thanks-

LL

Why not put them in a SAL, put the SAL on hold, and add a repeating action somewhere else to prod you to review them as needed?

When you decide that you want to act on one, convert that item to a project by dragging it to the sidebar and strt assigning actions. You can drag the project back into the SAL if you want to put it in the deep-freeze later.