The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Web Interface Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwall1108 View Post
Hey guys, I hate to be "that guy" and I use and love OmniFocus currently. I really need to have a non-apple device way to manage my stuff. I'm sure other folks have restrictions on bringing devices into their work space and whatnot.
There are also people who have restrictions on placing their data on outside servers. They may not be helped by a web solution either. Even if a web solution came into being, and Omni was willing to license it in a fashion that would allow customers to operate their own servers, the IT group or security might not allow such software to run. At some point, you have to draw a line and admit that there will be customers beyond it you just can't reasonably help. It sucks to be a potential customer on the wrong side of the line, but it happens to nearly everyone sooner or later, whether it is Omni not building an Android or web client, or Apple discontinuing software updates for hardware no longer being sold, Windows game developers not porting to the Mac, etc.

I'll say this — the Mail Drop feature Lizard mentioned has certainly contributed to my overflowing Inbox, and all of my gadgets run OmniFocus natively. I kind of liked it when I had to work a little harder to capture some things :-)