The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iGTD to Omnifocus importer now has progress bar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Importing a large iGTD file to Omnifocus through Applescript is a little slow so I have now wrapped the script as an app in Applescript Studio and added a progress bar.

The main window also displays the name of the action or project which is currently being imported, and the SQL which was submitted to Sqlite3 to get it.

The new version of the importer is at:

http://web.mac.com/robinfrancistrew/...Omnifocus.html

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-08-15 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: Changed URL

Thanks for this excellent little application.

I am unclear as to how to get this work. I try to run the application but nothing happens. It starts to open and then just closes. Can someone help explain what I'm doing wrong?

If you have iGTD installed on your system the app should display a dialog asking whether you want to import your iGTD data to Omnifocus.

I have sent you a private message to suggest some steps.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-08-15 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Add graphic

Please note that the Applescript Studio version, with the progress bar, appears to need OS X 10.4

Anyone using an earlier version of OS X may need to use the plain Applescript version, which has no progress indicators, and thus requires a little patience (the import process is slow).

Both versions are at:

http://web.mac.com/robinfrancistrew/...Omnifocus.html

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-08-15 at 10:57 PM..

I have iGTD 2 running on 10.4 and this script also starts and ends with no indication it has done anything...

I downloaded the regular raw applescript and it ran...

Thanks, Lee

Last edited by leebu; 2007-08-20 at 09:34 PM..

Thanks for the feedback - there may be some dependency that I am overlooking - has anyone run the progress bar version successfully on their system ?

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-08-21 at 01:49 AM..

Also just tried it and nothing happened, just opens and then closes. Older version works just fine.

I'm probably not going to have time to look into this for a few months now - for the moment I'll just have to recommend that people use the older version if the newer one doesn't seem to launch properly on their system ...

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-09-07 at 02:30 PM..

Here's why it (iGTD2Omni029.app) won't work for anyone except Rob Trew:

ZeroLink: could not load .o file: /Users/robintrew/iGTD2Omni001/build/iGTD2Omni001.build/Debug/iGTD2Omni025.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.ob
Sep 10 00:26:24 genmac crashdump[13713]: iGTD2Omni001 crashed
Sep 10 00:26:26 genmac crashdump[13713]: crash report written to: /Users/gentry/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iGTD2Omni001.crash.log