The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

export to web page? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I realize the web interface will probably not make it into the final release, but I am wondering if it is possible to export to a web page? See I have this person (my boss) who tries to make me tell them what I am doing all the time. If I could set up a script or something to export it to, say a WebDAV server (MS Sharepoint in my case), that would make it one less thing I had to do. Seems logical that a productivity app would provide a mechanism to inform others of my self-proclaimed increased productivity! :) Thanks

I've never looked at OmniPlan in detail, perhaps you might have a look. I think Omni has designed OF as an inidvidual task app and OmniPlan as a group product.

Yeah, I hear you. But one thing I am trying to avoid is getting into the complexity of a "project management" app, such as MS Project or OmniPlan. I just want something simple, elegant, and powerful, without all the other stuff that those types of apps provide. I see that there are future plans to integrate with OmniPlan, which seems a bit odd to me, but maybe that will be the long-term answer.

Incidentally, I found a link in another post that had a ruby script to export to an html page:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?p=22739

But I can't get it to work. Specifically I am trying to get the 'sudo gem install markaby' and 'rb-appscript' to install. I have macports, rubygems, etc. etc. Anyway, something like what is proposed in the post would work nicely, if I could get it to work. Hopefully Omni can incorporate something like this in OF.

I realized over the weekend that OmniOutliner has export to html, which would be perfect for what I need. I hope that since (it seems) OF is based on (or shares code with) OO, that this will be included in 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod View Post
I realized over the weekend that OmniOutliner has export to html, which would be perfect for what I need. I hope that since (it seems) OF is based on (or shares code with) OO, that this will be included in 1.0.
In the interim, you can use my Export to OO scripts to export from OF to OO and then to HTML.

Curt